Errata and notes –– Phytoneuron 2011
* Mink, J.N., J.R. Singhurst, and W.C. Holmes. 2011. Dryopteris celsa (Dryopteridaceae) and E.J. Palmer 29404: Solution of a Texas mystery. Phytoneuron 2011-11: 1–8.
Page 1. "felix-mas" is incorrect and should instead be spelled "filix-mas." In the last sentence, Dryopteris ludoviciana is diploid rather than a fertile tetraploid.
* Nesom, G.L. 2011. Taxonomy of Sicyos (Cucurbitaceae) in the USA. Phytoneuron 2011-15: 1–11.
Two collections were listed under each of two species:
Powell &Powell 3924 is the only collection that documents the occurrence of Sicyos laciniatus in Texas. It should be deleted from the documentation of S. microphyllus.
Warnock 7456 is correctly identified as Sicyos microphyllus. It should be deleted from the documentation of S. glaber.
In the key and descriptions, bristles of the fruits are described as "antrorsely barbellate." This resulted from an episode of dysprefixia, as the bristles in all species of Sicyos, across the genus, are retrorsely barbellate. The reviewers had pointed this out but the author failed to make the correction.
* Nesom, G.L. 2011. Toward consistency of taxonomic rank in wild/domesticated Cucurbitaceae. Phytoneuron 2011-13: 1–33.
In the first sentence of the second paragraph under the subheading "Two species rather than one" (p. 3), the authority for Citrullus caffer is incorrectly cited. The sentence should read as follows: "At specific rank, the citron/tsamma melons are correctly identified as Citrullus caffer Schrad.; if at varietal rank, then as C. lanatus var. caffrorum (Alef.) Fosberg."
* Brown, L.E., P.V. Roling, J.L. Aplaca, and E. Keith. 2011. Notes on the flora of Texas, Arkansas, and Louisiana, with additions and other records. IV. Phytoneuron 2011-18: 1–12.
The report of Eleocharis wolfii in Brazoria and Harris counties was preceded by McKenzie et al. (2009), as discussed under the section for the state (p. 846) and shown by a map of historical and extant records (p. 838).
McKenzie, P.M., C.T. Witsell, L.R. Phillippe, C.S. Reid, M.A. Homoya, S.B. Rolfsmeier, and C.A. Morse. 2009. Status assessment of Eleocharis wolfii (Cyperaceae) in the United States. J. Bot. Res. Inst. Texas 3(2): 831–854.
* Gaddy, L.L. 2011. A new species of Hexastylis (Aristolochiaceae) from the Sandhills of North and South Carolina. Phytoneuron 2011-47: 1–5.
Under Specimens Cited, the first specimen cited from Cumberland Co., NC, is actually Hexastylis arifolia and should be deleted from the list of paratypes. Radford's collection number of the Richmond Co. specimen is 11336, not 11356.